If you are a gamer, then you are possibly familiar with Discord. Most individuals enjoy taking part in games on-line particularly with their friends. Additionally to the present, they prefer to chat then you’ll begin discord. In such conditions, you will typically realize messages displayed as “Discord won’t Open“.
This would generally cause you to feel finite and annoyed however do not ever get panic. Therefore to beat this discord problem, we tend to progress to see the way to fix the Discord Won’t Open Error error.
How to Fix Discord Won’t Open Error on Windows 10
Solution 1 — Update Windows
Many a time some errors occur due to the old version of Discord app that is running on your system. This needs to update the system. You may even face discord will not launch error which may be resolved by merely changing the system. Then you will automatically be directed to the latest version of the application.
Solution 2 — Repair Corrupt System Files
You can additionally fix the error by hardly checking the system, whether it has lost the power or impact of your saved files. If your system crashed and a few of the files got corrupted, you should use System File Checker to fix these files.
1. Type in CMD into the search box.
2. Right-click on search results and select Run as administrator.
3. Once Command Prompt window opens, type in the following — sfc /scannow and press Enter.
4. Wait till the scan is done. Windows will repair all errors automatically.
In order to resolve the issue, you’ll be able to scan the complete system simply as this may facilitate find the corrupted or missing files. After that, the repair is done mechanically and can be fastened at intervals no time. Then you are more likely to go fix the error and your system starts working normally.
Solution 3 — Delete AppData Contents
One of the best techniques which are said to be a handy solution is by installing the app and then deleting both the app data along with the Local app data folders completely. If the on top of ways didn’t work then it’s time to uninstall and put in the Discord App.
For a lot of users, uninstalling the app and then deleting the contents of the AppData seemed to work. Once the contents are deleted, the reinstall of the Discord app resolved whatever issue that is being faced completely. So here is the process that you need to follow in order to delete the app data contents completely.
1. You just have to press Win Key + R both at a time as it will open the run option.
2. A window will be displayed where you have to enter “appwiz.cpl” in the search form provided and then click on OK.
3. Next, you need to look at the Discord app directly from the list and then click on the uninstall option. By doing so it will remove all the content from your system.
Solution 4 — Update to the Latest Version of Discord
Update to the latest version of Discord. This will automatically fix all the flaws that you are facing, and will keep the uncertainty of the fault to the minimum.
If you have an updated version then there are fewer chances to find my discord won’t open error. So always keep your discord application updated.
Solution 5 — Use Discord Web Version
You can switch to the Web-version of discord, and use that rather than the app. It works just as well and has been known to fix the issue for a lot of users. It’s the easiest way to fix the issue, which works for most of the users.
The issue of Discord won’t Open is resolved, as soon as the user opens the web version. There are many problems to analyze why would not discord open and why this error often occurs. One of the biggest reasons may be due to overloaded cookies.
For some, it works after they log in to it. It clearly fixes the log in the issue that is being faced by the app and resets the account. Just open the app once you have opened or logged in to the web version of it, and it will work in a normal manner.
Solution 6 — Use Task Kill
The simplest Discord won’t open fix lies in killing the task of Discord. This can be done either by opening the task manager or by using the command line in the command prompt.
As before long as you find the error restart the device as may be the most effective different that has been serving too many of us to resolve my Discord Won’t Open issue.
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc so that you open Task manager.
2. Under Apps, locate Discord process.
3. Click on it and select End Task.
You can additionally stop Discord method through Command Prompt:
4. Then type CMD that is command into the search box and press Enter.
5. Once Command Prompt opens, type in the following line task kill /F /IM discord.exe and then hit Enter.
6. Now, open Discord app.
Solution 7 — Flush the DNS
Another resolution is to flush out the DNS settings on the laptop being employed to launch Discord. Using discord application is totally closed particularly for Taskbar before victimization this methodology. In some cases, the DNS settings get corrupted over time and prevent bound applications from creating contact with the net.
If the DNS settings square measure untimely with the Discord application if won’t work properly. As associate degree internet-based applications, Discord can occasionally face connection issues that are quickly ironed out by taking the following steps.
1. Close all instances of Discord and any associated services via Task Manager as detailed above.
2. Right-click on the Windows Start menu and select “Run” from the drop-down menu that appears.
3. Type “ipconfig/flushdns” into the search field and click on “Run”. Windows can mechanically filter the DNS for you.
4. When complete, relaunch Discord.
However, the discord app won’t open are going to be mounted mechanically.
Solution 8 — Delete LocalAppData Content
Sometimes clearing LocalAppData helped users fix Discord won’t open error —
1. Close Discord via the method above using the Task Manager.
2. Right-click on the Windows Start menu and select “Run” from the drop-down options.
3. Type “%localappdata%” into the search field and click on “Ok”.
4. Find “Discord” among the list of files and right-click.
5. From the contextual drop-down menu, click on delete.
6. Relaunch Discord.
Solution 9 — Uncheck Use the Proxy Server
Discord usually doesn’t play well with Proxies and VPNs. Proxy is a useful feature that helps users to browse anonymously and exceed certain limitations on the internet. However, if the proxy server isn’t responding, you will not be able to connect to Discord or the Internet for that matter.
Therefore, if you have got enforced a VPN or square measure employing a proxy Discord may malfunction. Due to this, it might not start properly. It is recommended that you disable all proxies/VPNs and try to open the application again. Here’s how you go about doing just that —
1. Right-click on the Windows start menu and click on search
2. In the search field, type “Control Panel” and select the option with the same name from the search results.
3. Choosing “Network and Internet” from the Control Panel options, click on “Internet Options”
4. In the “Internet Properties” window that appears, click on the “Connections” tab among the options running vertically along the top of the screen.
5. Click on “LAN Settings” from the LAN setting section.
6. Once the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings appears, find the “Proxy server” section and ensure the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” option is unticked.
7. Click “Ok” below, then once more in the “Internet Properties” window.
8. Launch Discord.
Solution 10 — Close the Running Apps or Files
While you are running the applications there are so many on-going processes that are running in the background. This on-going processes sometimes cause an error due to the background actions.
Therefore you must always close all the applications while Discord app is running. So firstly, minimize all the files which are running in the background that will help in data overloading.
Discord may be a nice application for in-game communication and that we greatly suggest mistreatment it. The platform is most popular by gambling communities mostly, it allows text, video, audio communication between players. It is available on Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, and Linux, with the latest internet browser version.
Well if anyone by chance encounters any kind of problems associated with discord will not launch then you’ll follow the higher than mentioned which is able to resolve the difficulty quickly. Technology has led to a lot of revolutions and innovations in almost every field that it has entered. It has offered a lot of benefits and made life much more comfortable. Discord is additionally a present of technology — a very peculiar social gambling platform for the lovers of this niche.