Downloading… Do Not Turn off Target system error may occur anytime on your particular electronic device but may be expressed in different words and is quite common in Samsung cell phones, nexus devices, etc. Download mode is also referred to as Odin mode. Here we have 2 methods to fix Downloading Do Not Turn off Target.
How to Fix Downloading Do Not Turn off Target Error
Solution 1 — Safe Mode
1. Switch off the device by long-pressing the power key, when the name of the concerned device appears on the screen, release the power key, after doing so catch hold the volume down key and continue doing so until the device finishes restarting.
2. Safe mode will appear on the screen (it may appear either in the right bottom or top left corner), as soon as you see safe mode appeared on the screen release volume down key and if the device booted successfully one can recover all the data stored in the concerned device.
3. After recovering data, switch off the phone and remove the SIM card & memory card. After this, your device is prepared for the master to reset too.
Solution 2 — Master Reset/Factory Reset/Hard Reset
Since safe mode has been undertaken, there will be no harm as all the data is already recovered and stored.
1. If your device is switched on, firstly switch it off.
2. Hold the volume up key & power key until the Android system recovery screen appears, use the volume down key to highlight the factory reset.
3. Press the power key to select factory reset and use the volume down key to highlight the “yes” option shown on the screen, select it through the power key and wait for the procedure to complete.
When the procedure is completed, press the power key to restart your device. When the device restarts, it will get back to normal mode.
If any of the above-mentioned methods could not solve Downloading Do Not Turn off Target problem, it’s time for your device to visit a professional technician, if your device is in warranty period then expenses incurred will be meager and you may also get a new unit, but if your device is not in the warranty period you may have to incur a substantial amount of money.