Gmail Server Error 007, where users are unable to access their accounts, restricts users to conduct tasks over Gmail. Fortunately, every error comes with manageable solutions. When the accounts freeze, uses might be unable to open an email or even refresh. One apparent solution of Gmail Server Error 007 is to close the Google Chrome browser or any other browser and to launch it again. However, this solution doesn’t let the user off-the-hook, from the increasing frequency of witnessing the Gmail Error 007 error.
How to Fix Gmail Error 007 in Google Mail
To solve Gmail Server Error 007, certain corrective actions become necessary. Multiple factors can cause common Gmail Server Error #007. Let us try to apply certain working solutions to relieve the little stress created by the users.
Method 1. Clear browser’s Cache and Cookies
Clearing the cache and cookies stored in the web browser can cure the error. The cache might not be acceptable by the Gmail server and resultantly the page freezes. To clear cache and cookies from your web browser, simply execute the following steps.
1. To begin with, open the chrome web browser. Click on the three dots visible on the top right corner of the screen and hit ‘Settings’ from the available options.
2. A new settings tab will appear on the screen. At the bottom of the page, hit the drop-down menu ‘Advanced’.
3. Under the header ‘Privacy and Security’ select the option ‘Site settings’.
4. The visibility of the page will change and selected options will appear. Now, under the header, ‘Permissions’ click on ‘Cookies’.
5. Lastly, select ‘See all cookies and site data’ and then hit the ‘Remove All’ button.
After successfully getting rid of all the cache and cookies from the web browser, check whether the error persists or not.
Method 2. Incapacitate Browser’s Extensions
Extensions are essential in a web browser to customize the browser settings. These settings are useful for various reasons like blocking advertisements. Any recently added extension might be the culprit here. Possibly, other extensions could also be creating the error. The solution is simply disabling all the extension files from the web browser. For this, perform the following steps.
1. To begin with, open the chrome web browser. Click on the three dots visible on the top right corner of the screen.
2. Place the mouse to ‘More Tools’ from the available options. Now, select the option “Extension” from the further list that appears.
3. Lastly, disable all the extensions.
Try using your Gmail account and check to see if the error persists or not.
Method 3. Disable Gmail Labs Background Send
Background Send is a feature that sends the mail in the background while the user can conduct other desired tasks. There is a chance that this feature might be posing the error and freezing the web page. The simple solution again is to disable the feature and enjoy the variety of other features properly without any interference. For this, perform the following steps.
1. To begin with, login to your Gmail account.
2. Click on the settings icon at the top right corner of the screen.
3. Hit ‘Settings’ and go to “Lab” tab.
4. Lastly, select the “Background send” and simply disable it.
The solutions for rectifying the ‘Google Server error 007’ are quite simple. Hopefully, the above solutions have helped to solve the annoying error and experience to normalcy.