A dialog box appears on the screen with the Stop Error Code 0x0000007b together with a message saying the application failed to open correctly, leaving the user clueless. If the error appears whenever one tries to open a particular application, the likely cause is some memory problem of the computer.
Sometimes the application may not be compatible with a 32-bit operating system. This engages the computer to produce the error. A 64-bit operating system can perform multiple operations and functions together unlike the 32-bit one. Let us look at the possible solutions to solve the Error Code 0x0000007b and restore the application to its original functioning.
How to Fix Stop Error Code: 0x0000007B in Windows 10, 8 and 7
Solution 1 — Reinstall the Application
Sometimes when installing a particular application additional bugs may find their way in the computer. These bugs can indeed make the application vulnerable to pose the error message on the screen.
Uninstall the application to dust the bugs away and then reinstall it. Conducting this simple trouble-shooting solution can resolve the ‘0x0000007b’ error.
Solution 2 — Open the Application as Administrator
Certain applications require administrator privileges to function and when one tries to launch it the error appears on the screen. So perhaps you simply need to open the application with administrative privileges.
To do this, right-click the application launcher and from the list of processes that appear click on ‘Run as administrator’. The operating system may ask you whether you want to allow the application to make changes to your device. Select ‘yes’ if it appears. This should solve the ‘0x0000007b’ error.
Solution 3 — Update .DLL
DLL stands for Dynamic-link Library. It incorporates codes that allow the data to get processed. DLL conducts various functions of the operating system. The .NET framework essentially cures the problem of dependency caused by the Dynamic-link library. DLL might be indirectly running the application ensuring things like reduced disk space on your device. If the updated DLL is not present in the computer the application functions may not work smoothly.
The process of updating DLL is a bit complex. Perform the following steps for the same.
1. First of all you need to download the DLL file version in your computer. Google ‘dll xinput1_3.dll’ and download the file from DLLME.com
2. A compressed version in the form of a RAR file would get downloaded on your device. Now, extract the files attached in the RAR format on your computer at some desired location.
3. Lastly, to update copy the file named ‘xinput1_3.dll’ and paste it in ‘C:\ Windows \ SysWOW64‘. The device will ask your permission to replace the new file with the current file in the folder. Replace the new file at the mentioned location and you are good to go.
Now try opening the application that was posing the Error Code 0x0000007b.
Solution 4 — Update .NET Framework
.NET framework is Microsoft software responsible for conducting important tasks for the successful functioning of the operating system. The .NET framework performs application functions like algorithm framework, network accessibility, user interface accessibility etc. The .NET framework might be important for initiating the application.
To open the error-ridden application successfully the user should check whether the .NET framework is updated or not. To do this, execute the following steps.
1. To begin with, open the control panel of the device. Navigate and open ‘Programs and Features’.
2. Now click on ‘Turn Windows feature on or off’ located at the top left panel of the screen.
3. A dialog box will appear containing a list of features of windows. Select the ‘.NET framework’ folder and then click on ‘OK’.
If any updated version is available it will automatically download on the computer. After successful installation, the device will restart. Now check to see if the error persists or not.
Solution 5 — Reinstall the Affected Application
If one particular application is unable to open then most likely it is due to some error occurred during the installation process. Possibly, all the files required to run the application might not be present. In this case, the only solution is to uninstall the application and reinstall it. Execute the following steps for the same.
1. To begin with, open the control panel of your device. Now navigate and open ‘Programs and Features’ from the list of available functions.
2. Navigate for the affected application from the list of applications installed on your device. To uninstall select the application and click on ‘Uninstall’.
3. Now restart your computer so that the new effects can take place. Once your computer restarts, reinstall the particular application again.
After successful installation, try to open the application and check if the 0x0000007b error persists or not.
Solution 6 — Update the DirectX
If the above solutions fail, then you might need to update / reinstall windows on your device. This is a trouble-shooting solution which refreshes the entire computer and reset the application functionality to default. To update / reinstall windows you need to download DirectX – a software application created by Microsoft. Use the following for the same:
Download the DirectX software and run it to reinstall windows on your computer. After successful completion of the process restart your computer so that the new settings can take effect. The computer should be error-free now.
Solution 7 — Run Disk Check Utility to scan your computer’s Hard Drive
The flaw can arise due to faulty hardware installed in your system. You need to perform the chkdsk utility function to check whether the faulty hardware exists or not. This check becomes essential when the computer promptly shows boot errors.
The Disk check utility can be used to check for various types of errors and ‘0x0000007b’ error being one of them. To check for faulty hardware, execute the following steps.
1. First of all, press the win logo key + R at the same time using the administrator mode.
2. A run dialog box will appear on the screen. Type ‘cmd’ on the address bar and to open the command prompt using administrator mode press control + shift + enter.
3. The command prompt will appear on the screen. To perform the disk check utility use the following command:
chkdsk c: /f /r
4. If the C drive is currently in use, type Y and press enter. Doing this will run the scan when you restart your computer. If so, restart your computer.
The scan will automatically start. Once completed, restart your device so that the new changes can take effect and use the computer for a while. Check if the ‘0x0000007b’ error persists or not.
Solution 8 — Uninstall and Then Reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C+ + contains various Dynamic-link library (DLL) files which allows various applications to run. If there arises some issue in the workings of this file then the ‘0x0000007b’ error can appear. In this case, the solution is to uninstall the Microsoft Visual C+ + redistributable package and reinstall it again. To do so, perform the following steps.
1. To begin open the control panel of the device. Now from the available tools navigate for ‘Programs and features’.
2. Navigate for ‘Microsoft Visual C+ + Redistributable – x86’ (for the device with a 32-bit operating system) or ‘Microsoft Visual C+ + Redistributable – x64 (for the device with a 64-bit operating system) and then select ‘Uninstall’ located at the top.
3. After successfully uninstalling, reboot your computer so that the old effects from the device.
4. Now, you need to install the Microsoft Visual C+ + Redistributable again. Use the following links for the same.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5555 (for a device with a 32-bit operating system)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5555 (for a device with a 64-bit operating system)
5. Run the downloaded setup to install Microsoft Visual C+ + Redistributable. Simply follow the on-screen prompts to install.
Finally, restart your computer so that the new effects can take place and then check if the error persists or not.
The above described are some trouble-shooting solutions to solve the BSOD Error 0x0000007B. They can refresh the computer system and solve the error. Hopefully, the above-described solutions have proved to be useful to solve the Error Code 0x0000007b.